Pinterest

tirsdag 7. juni 2016

Moms doll Rine from Norsk Lettmetall AS


This old doll belonged to my mom.  I belive her original name is Tangendukka.
My mum was about 3 years old when she got it. So it had to be about 1946, right after world war II. The head of this doll is made of metal. I belive it is aluminium, but I am not sure. The head came from a dollfabric who was named Norsk Lettmetall AS.
The clothes were knitted for Rine at the same time my mom got the doll. 



As you can see she is ugly painted...And I have to admit that I did it... when i was about 7-8 years old (ca 1970). 
I snook into my elder brothers room and stole some of his enamel paint. 
I am not so happy to think about it today. But then I wanted to paint her so she could be beautiful again ...
Yeah right!!!  She really didn`t come out so well after the repainting as you can see. So I have to get rid of that ugly painting I did some years ago. No need to say I will NOT start crying....

The fabric for the body is worn out. The fabric will tear apart if you take a hard grip around the body. I may have to make her a new body... but I do not know if this will make the value of the doll going downward? Is there anybody who could get me some more information about  that? 

I played with her throughought my whole childhood. And she was also used to defense my self when me and my friends got into a quarrel... guess who won??

I, me and myself also repaired her severel times, as you can see. I was not the best in class for that either.
The outcome is: I have to do something with her.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Thank you for your message :) I will try to answer