Pinterest

tirsdag 10. juli 2018

Terri Lee doll

I have been looking some time for a Terri Lee doll that would fit my wallet. I love how their eyes and mouth are painted, and the body that looks like a childs body.
So at last I found one. When she arrived she was clean and no marks, but she smelled a lot. The seller had tried to get rid of the ordinary smell with lavendel, but beneath that smell it was a strong odour of something unthinkable. 
Well, I had a strong feeling of that before she came, so I was prepared for it. 
I knew about the hair. The seller had informed that it was brittle and would break off. For to keep it on place they had placed a hairnet on. 
But the face and body was ok. So I decided to give her a try.
So here is the first picture after she came out of the box.
Nice skirt and shirt. And the shoes are new. 
Beautiful expressive eyes. When I at last could see her close up in the face I knew she will be one of my favorites. She was just in need of some TLC.
Original hair, and sadly not saveable. 

I was also looking for a doll that had this mark. 
A chubby well formed doll.
Next for this little darlig was to take a real spa. 
Look how dirty the water got. The dirt was not from her body but from the hair.
I used my special cleaner for to get rid of the horrendous smell that she had.
And this is one of the times I forgot to put gloves on. So for the moment the skin on my hands are pretty dry. Have to give my self a note on that until next time I`ll use it.
Then it was time to get rid of the wig. It was glued all over and hard to get off. The glue had also meltet into the skin. But I got rid of the hair and the glue.

Mom, can you please put on the new wig? I feel some naked.
Since I knew that i did not have a wig with the seam on top, I chose the colour wildy, almost :)
I am somehow in love with the red colour.
Testing on, and looking good. Yep, I will glue it on. But not so much glue, because one day I will get hold of an old fashion wig with a look from from the fourties.
So this is how the old girl looks like now. 
Terri is all cleaned up, and no  bad odour hanging in the air. The clothes are also washed up. So overall smelling good, and also looking good.
She is really stunning. After I was finished, I sat down and studied her, and got more and more in love. Soon I am going to sew her some new clothes too, and they are to be sewn of old Terri Lee patterns.So just hold on. 





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Thank you for your message :) I will try to answer